Hi ARS friends!
Chris Woodward and Sorita Averill are preparing to teach there next Half Marathon training program! The class is limited to 25. Sorita and Chris are certified RRCA coaches and love to help others get to the start and finish line healthy and happy.
Make a New Year’s Resolution you can keep! Run the Lehigh Valley Half Marathon on Sunday, April 22nd. Working on this resolution will keep you fit, strong, and proud of your accomplishment. We will help you get ready and you’ll have lots of support. All you need to do is make a few commitments:
- Sign up for the half marathon quickly, as it does sell out:http://stlukeshalfmarathon.com/half-marathon/
- Sign up for our class (we need a minimum of 8).
- Keep running through the winter and be able to comfortably run 6-8 miles by the first class on February
- Set aside Saturday mornings from January 27th– April 14th to train.
- Tell all your friends so you will follow through – and maybe talk them into it as well!
The plan is to meet on Saturday mornings at in Wyomissing at the Stone House at 8:00am. Classes will be anywhere from 2 – 3 hours in length, comprised of 50 minutes of classroom and the remainder of class in running. We will do all of our long runs together with support from other runners of all levels.
This class is designed for adults that can comfortably run 6-8 miles. If you are looking for a great way to practice running 6 miles, sign up for the Shiver by the River 10K races. This is a four race series Jan. 14th, February 11th, March 11th with a 5k or 10k option, (people doing the 10k run the course twice). There is a water stop, so you will not have to worry about carrying your own water for the run, plus there is a post-run buffet of soup, bagels and M&M’s!!!! You can find further information at: http://www.pagodapacers.com/Races-Results/Races/Shiver-By-The-River.aspx
Course cost is $99 per person and includes the items listed below. The training, supervision and coaching you will receive would be worth at least $350 if you were to enlist the services of a personal trainer – so we hope you will agree that $99 is a bargain!
You will receive:
- Technical shirt
- Training plans (either standard or customized for you depending on option 1 or 2)
- Help with pacing
- Be held accountable
- Have training partners for your long runs
- Receive encouragement from your training partners
- Have fun and laugh a lot
- Stay motivated
- Work on speed
If you would like to enroll, please fill out our registration form and pay at ARS in person or paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please email us immediately if you have an interest – and feel free to forward this email to friends and colleagues!
Sorita E Averill & Chris Woodward
A Running Start